If I Could Do It All Over Again

We all want to succeed. We all want to be significant. We all want to gain the respect of others. Yet, we are humans and thus imperfect. We make mistakes.

There are probably times when you have looked back on some part of your life and regretted a decision you've made. Perhaps you've thought, "If I had another chance, I would not make that mistake again."

I am now in my early 70's. In my late 60's I was looking back on my life and regretting the many mistakes I had made. Time after time I thought, "Based on what I know now, if I had the same opportunity again, I would do better."

Like so many other people, I wanted to be a success at something. I knew I had the ability so I just had to find the right opportunity. Success, however, eluded me while I kept searching for the perfect chance for me.

Too many times I disappointed myself and those who wanted to see me succeed by giving up one opportunity and trying something new. Although I did not admit it to my family or friends, I was embarrassed to see others progress while I floundered.

All the while I continued to read and study self-improvement books. I kept looking for the one thing I could change that would drive me on to success.

It was a review, in my later years, of those weak times that prompted me to understand why I had fallen short so often. During my examination of those times, I listed what I now thought had caused me to give up. Every failure was my fault. Every time my thinking was wrong.

Wrong thinking? Yes. I always had a fair amount of ability to learn in school and I thought that ability would take me to a successful life. I did not expect to be on the top but I knew I could do well. What I did not realize until this review was that intelligence is seldom the key to success. It is often a disadvantage.

If you are shaking your head and wondering what is more important than intelligence, then you are about to learn what it took me almost 50 years to learn.

The most important quality for the achievement of success is  STRENGTH OF CHARACTER.

When I look at my high school classmates who have a doctorate, I do not believe either of them had more intelligence than me. But, it is obvious that each of them had a much stronger character than I had. That is what helped them attain success while I continued to struggle.

If I could do it all over again, I would focus on developing a strong character. I would not obsess on what school told me was most important - names, dates, and equations.

My advice to you is to strengthen all aspects of your character. In doing so you will give yourself a much greater chance to achieve the success you desire.

Charles Emory http://selfimprovement123.com

A long-time student of self-improvement, I have learned a lot that I can share with you. Discover a wealth of ideas to help you achieve the success you desire.

Visit my website at the above link to learn more.


 By Charles Emory


Article Source: If I Could Do It All Over Again

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon (Ini adalah kisah kolaboratif dengan teman saya NabilaTheGreat InTheCorner, ini adalah kisah...