Meet Marcie Miller, Founder & Owner, The Little Pie Kitchen & Texas Mompreneur

"I have baked ever since I was a little girl. I loved being in the kitchen with my mom and grandma whenever someone was baking pie. I would help roll and crimp the dough and always find something sweet to make with the scraps. As an adult I continued to bake for family and friends... "
- Marcie Miller, Founder & Owner, The Little Pie Kitchen

For this article, we asked Marcie a series of questions to get to know her a bit and to provide insight into her business, The Little Pie Kitchen, based in Dallas, Texas. You'll learn how she started her shop, her favorite items, the hardest part about running her own business and much more! She's definitely a Texas maker you should follow and support. Read on y'all!

How did you get started?
I have baked ever since I was a little girl. I loved being in the kitchen with my mom and grandma whenever someone was baking pie. I would help roll and crimp the dough and always find something sweet to make with the scraps. As an adult I continued to bake for family and friends. I would experiment with new things or bake old family recipes.

Then a family member was looking for mini pies for her wedding and asked me if I knew of anyone. I started to help her search but then quickly decided to do them myself. Then the rest was history! The pies were a huge hit and word spread. One event led to the next and here we are a year later with a real business, kitchen and employees. It's been a crazy roller coaster but I'm so happy and proud of all that we have accomplished.

Favorite item in the shop right now?
That would definitely be our Smoked Bourbon Pecan pie - mini or full sized. This is where my husband comes in and it becomes a family business. He smokes the nuts that give this pie it's sweet and smoky flavor; unlike any pecan pie you've ever tried. Top it with some homemade bourbon whipped cream and you've got it made.

Tell us your favorite part of running your own business
Although I love the baking, my most favorite parts are the business strategy and the branding. Creating a brand that people can relate to, recognize and appreciate is so important. The business strategy really comes in to help us see bigger that this weeks orders and know how we plan to continue to grow successfully.

What's the hardest part?
Balancing it all is definitely the hardest part. With a husband and two little ones life is busy. But it's important to always remember our priorities and make time for family. These kids grow up before our eyes so I try to stop and snuggle and love on them as much as I can.

What's one place that everyone must visit in Texas?
That's impossible to name one place!! If we had a store front I would say The Little Pie Kitchen, of course!! One day...

What Other Projects that You'd Like to Share?
Working to find more partners in the Dallas area! We love to partner with other local businesses and spread the love of pie.

In this article, we learned a bit about Marcie and The Little Pie Kitchen. Please be sure to visit her website and social media pages. Follow her and show your support! And last but not least, we hope you collaborate with Marcie very soon. Her mini pies are a perfect way to THANK, CELEBRATE, & HONOR any occasion!

At Cool Beans Box, we feature Texas woman-owned shops throughout the month as part of our Texas Mompreneur campaign.

An online Texas inspired gift box company offering both a Coffee Club Collection and a Market Club Collection, Cool Beans Box specializes in small-batch, artisanal goods from The Lonestar State. We're all about SHOP SMALL Y'ALL!

We're committed to delivering lifestyle gift boxes inspired by The Great State of Texas. And we're determined to promoting the work of the state's talented makers: artisans and small-business owners with a focus on women-owned shops! Our wish is that when you open your box, you feel compelled to say "COOL BEANS" every time!

Visit us at http://www.coolbeansbox.com and let us know if you are a Texas maker. We'd love to meet you!



 By Micaela L Elizondo


Article Source: Meet Marcie Miller, Founder & Owner, The Little Pie Kitchen & Texas Mompreneur

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon (Ini adalah kisah kolaboratif dengan teman saya NabilaTheGreat InTheCorner, ini adalah kisah...