Content Marketing Mindset For Dealing With Your Haters

Let me tell you a secret:

For a long time, I was letting myself down.

Why?

Because I didn't put out content to grow my copywriting business on Facebook. (Or any social media platform for that matter.) And the reason why was stupid.

Wanna hear it?

Sure...

I was scared of being judged.

Scared of what people would think of me and my copywriting advice.

Scared of what they would say.

Anyway, I joined Dan Meredith's mastermind group of about 20 successful entrepreneurs which cost 4 grand. And I also paid 2k for something with John Lee Dumas.

And do you know why this was the best thing I ever did?

Because it made me take action.

I now had some "skin in the game".

I mean, it's not exactly life-changing money, but who wants to invest 6k in something and not do anything with it?

So, after our first webinar in the mastermind about a month ago, I made a decision.

I was gonna take out my phone, hit the "Facebook live" button, and start talking about copy.

Now, this might not seem a big deal. But to me? It was.

See, I've never in my life used my personal Facebook page for business. Not even in my Personal Training days.

I thought, "Most of the people on Facebook aren't gonna give two shits about any of it, so I'd just be annoying them."

Looking back, it's stupid thinking.

Really stupid.

I remember Dan saying that unless someone's a relative, close friend, or paying you money, then their opinion is invalid.

Anyway, it turns out the people who don't care about learning copy simply don't watch the videos.

So worrying about people's opinions turned out to be irrelevant. A total waste of time and energy.

Which is why, my friend, if YOU have a message you want to put out to the world...

Or you have a skill that others can benefit from...

Then don't be a scaredy-cat like I was for so long.

Take that leap of faith...

And put your content out there.

PS- I've had a few people argue with me on various forums and Facebook groups since. And you know what? I actually enjoy it.

Why?

Two reasons:

1) Because it means I'm not boring. And I'm getting myself out there more. So more people know about me.

Happy days.

2) Because I will win any argument. Every time.

And I'll say this, too.

It's easy for people to act all "macho" online. People think they're invincible.

In real life?

Bunch of wimps.

Wouldn't say "boo" to a goose.

Plus, when get abuse from someone on a forum, click on their profile and 9 times outta 10 you'll see that abuse everyone.

They're the very definition of a "Negative Nancy".

So screw 'em.

And screw their opinions.

You'll be much happier for it.

PPS- Not my usual copywriting and direct response marketing advice today.

But this was important. And I was feeling passionate about it.

Really passionate.

And putting out content for the world to see is something you should be doing if you're serious about growing your business. Content marketing is very much in at the minute. And you need to be doing it, yourself.

So please don't be one of those people who gets an endorphin rush after reading this but doesn't implement any of it.

As "Doberman Dan" says:

"Motion beats meditation."

So take some action!

Tom Andrews http://iamTomAndrews.com


 By Tom Andrews

Article Source: Content Marketing Mindset For Dealing With Your Haters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Article copyright

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon (Ini adalah kisah kolaboratif dengan teman saya NabilaTheGreat InTheCorner, ini adalah kisah...