Are Open Borders A Good Idea?


By Oliver JR Cooper

I had arranged to speak to Errol again and before our call, there was something that I wanted to talk to him about. What I wanted to know was what his views were on open borders and if he thought we no longer needed them.

This topic was on my mind due to what someone had shared on social media and it was also something that I had thought about in the past. I had also written a few articles that touch on this area.

Two Minds

I thought Errol would be the ideal person to ask about his, for the simple fact that he is an internationally renowned teacher, author and speaker in the fields of self-development and spiritual growth. Thus, he is not someone who wants to change the world via politics, for instance, and a big part of his work is about giving people the guidance that they need to live from their heart, as opposed to their head.

But while part of me wanted to find out his thoughts on this area, another part of me wasn't sure if I should ask him. However, I thought that avoiding this issue wouldn't make it go away; in the same way that avoiding an emotion wouldn't cause it to disappear.

A Wall

I think my response at this point was indicative of how certain topics are not supposed to be spoken about in the western world. Or, to be more accurate, only certain views are seen as being acceptable.

And, before I spoke to him about this I had the view that open borders were a terrible idea. In the past I had a different view, but then this was because of what I believed, and these beliefs were based on how I wanted the world to be, not how it actually was.

The Time Came

Towards the end of the call, and after we had spoken about a number of different things, I put my question forward. I had been looking forward to hearing what he would have to say for a number of days.

Once he heard my question, he took a little while to to give me answer; it seemed as though he was connecting to himself. What is clear about Errol is that even though he has a strong connection to his heart, he still has the ability to think rationally.

Fractured

He ended up talking about how so many people live in their head and not their heart, thereby causing them to see everything as separate. This sense of separation results in so many people either accepting or rejecting people based on their religion, skin colour or gender, amongst other things.

He spoke about how we are all part of the same organism, yet each part of this organism is unable to function as one system. Clearly, if we were all able to put our labels to one side (to live from our heart), there would be no reason to have borders, walls or boundaries.

The Current State of the World

I thought that if everyone on the planet was to rise to a certain level of consciousness, it wouldn't matter if certain people were not as capable or as intelligent as others as we would all work together. In the same way that it doesn't matter that certain branches on a tree are smaller than others, as each part of the tree works together.

To remove all boarders with the current level of consciousness on the planet would surely lead to even more problems. Instead of one country fighting another, the people within a country would constantly be fighting amongst themselves.

One Person at a Time

I currently believe that the only way that we will experience heaven on earth is by what happens at an individual level. Getting into politics can seem like a good way to change the world, but this is generally a waste of time.

Even if someone does start off with good intentions, they can end up being led astray the further up they go. I also get the impression that the political realm is full of people who are completely estranged from their heart and their ability to think critically.

At The Source

When I connect to my own heart, there is no need for me to label anything and this means that I am able to just be and to realise my connection with all that is. On the other hand, if I go into my head, I see everything as separate and I have the need to judge things.

Through talking about this topic and hearing Errol's views, it made me think about how important the heart is when it comes to living in a world without borders. If you would like to find out more about Errol, and the services that he offers, please go to - http://sourceawakening.com/.

Prolific writer, author, and coach, Oliver JR Cooper, hails from England. His insightful commentary and analysis covers all aspects of human transformation, including love, partnership, self-love, and inner awareness. With over one thousand seven hundred in-depth articles highlighting human psychology and behaviour, Oliver offers hope along with his sound advice.

To find out more go to - http://www.oliverjrcooper.co.uk/

Feel free to join the Facebook Group -
   https://www.facebook.com/OliverJRCooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Article copyright

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon (Ini adalah kisah kolaboratif dengan teman saya NabilaTheGreat InTheCorner, ini adalah kisah...