RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD

2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV) Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


To rightly the divide the Word of God takes times of reading it, meditating on it, and also studying it.  Each way opens up the truth of the Word.  I look at the Word of God like rock, and I am a miner seeking for gold.  Yes, I might get lucky and find some on the top, but most gold takes a lot of digging and working. 


When we open our Bible and start reading it, sometimes things can jump right off of the page and we go, “Wow! That was good!” and we get all excited.  But there are other times that we read the Word and nothing really hits us.  That is when we need to ponder and chew on it for a while.  Do this during the course of the day.


You might say, “How do I do that?”  Let me show you a couple of different ways.  When you find a verse that speaks to you, write it down or put it on the wallpaper on your phone.  Then throughout the day look at it, say it a few times, and think about what it is saying to you personally.


Before I got a Smartphone, I used to write scriptures on 3 by 5 cards and carry them with me, or hang them in places I would go, like on a mirror or the refrigerator.  Be creative, and you will see that you will be digging up nuggets before you know it.  His Word will be rightly divided in your life, and you will be a worker for the kingdom who is not ashamed!


Confession:  Today, I am going to be a doer and a digger of the Word.  I am going to let the Word of God have first place in my life, and I will study it so that I can rightly divide it and not be ashamed.


Today’s Bible Reading


Jeremiah 8:8 – 9:26


Colossians 3:1-17


Psalms 78:32-55


Proverbs 24:27


Bible in a Year: 365-Day Reading Plan : English | King James Version (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Article copyright

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon

Itu semua terjadi karena Carson menabrak pohon (Ini adalah kisah kolaboratif dengan teman saya NabilaTheGreat InTheCorner, ini adalah kisah...